Re: ? about image function

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: ? about image function
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:42:38 -0700

on 3/1/05 1:21 PM, Salil Patel at address@hidden wrote:

>  I recently downloaded the Octave software onto a Mac
>  OS X (10.3.5) and I was able to use the basic
>  features.  Yet I have been having trouble with the
>  image function.  To test out the image function, I
>  created a 3x3 matrix (A) and then typed image(A) but
>  did not get any plot.  How can this problem be solved?

You don't say which version of octave you are using, or if you are using
octave-forge as well. In my distribution of octave-forge-2004.11.16, there
is an image.m included in the "extra" directory under MacOSX. This version
writes with the routine bmpwrite and opens the image in preview. This works
for me.

My suggestion would be to find the image.m for MacOSX, copy it to the local
directory where you're running octave, and see if that fixes the problem. If
it does, then replace the image.m that's installed with octave-forge with
the MacOSX version.

Joe