Re: Installing .oct files.

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Installing .oct files.
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:02:08 -0500

One strategy is using using octave-config:

        octave-config -p LOCALVEROCTFILEDIR

I prefer to use octave itself since I often have
multiple octave versions around:

    echo "disp(octave_config_info('localveroctfiledir'))" | $OCTAVE -qf

In octave-forge/configure.base I define a helper function:

        dnl Evaluate an expression in octave
        dnl
        dnl OCTAVE_EVAL(expr,var) -> var=expr
        dnl
        AC_DEFUN(OCTAVE_EVAL,
        [AC_MSG_CHECKING([for $1 in Octave])
        $2=`echo "disp($1)" | $OCTAVE -qf`
        AC_MSG_RESULT($$2)
        AC_SUBST($2)
        ])

so I could do:

        OCTAVE_EVAL(octave_config_info('localveroctfiledir')),install_path)

[I don't because when I wrote the configure file octave did not yet have
localveroctfiledir available.]

Hope that helps,

        - Paul