doubts about functions declared in parse.h ...

From: Alberto Francisco Martin Huertas
Subject: doubts about functions declared in parse.h ...
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:02:15 +0100

Hello. I'm a spanish university student and I'm performing my final career
project with Octave. I'm developing a DLF (Dinamycally Loaded Function) for
Octave, and  I'm interested in to know if there is any function declared in
parse.h header file that allows you to parse and execute some octave script
file without modifying some other enviroment variables used before. For
example, if the following script file (called example.m) had the following
sentence:

    A=3;

and my DLD function were something like this:

      DEFUN_DLD(example_function, arguments, ,
          "a example function") {
                the_function_im_looking_for("example.m");
                return eval_string("A",...);

     }

I would like the following behaviour in a Octave session:

octave:1> A=1
A = 1
octave:2> example_function()
ans = 3