RE: solving equation system

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: solving equation system
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:28:20 -0400

On 21-Apr-2005, Brigitte Diekhaus <address@hidden> wrote:

| I tried it and I got a new problem. My result is as follows:
|
| coeffs =
|
| 1.0e+02 *
|
|  -0.00000
|   0.00004
|  -0.00504
|   0.29366
|  -2.69074
|
| I don`t like that the program multyplies the complete vector with the value
| 1.0e+02 I would like the writing you have:
|
|    -1.0222e-05
|     3.5786e-03
|    -5.0372e-01
|     2.9366e+01
|    -2.6907e+02
|
| Do you know how I can change this?

What version of Octave are you using?  Are you starting it with the
--traditional option because you think you want the most complete
Matlab compatibility?  Or maybe the binary distribution that you are
using did that for you?  If so, maybe you should omit the
--traditional option, or you can set the built-in variable
fixed_point_output to 0.

jwe