Re: Problems changing Code

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Problems changing Code
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 09:20:10 -0600

on 5/21/05 5:18 AM, Marius Schamschula at address@hidden wrote:

> Pablo,
>
> Your problems is that Octave, and for that matter gnuplot, can't find
> X11.
>
> When you want to install any Unix app on that requires X11 under Mac OS
> X you have to do two things:

If you have AquaTerm installed, you don't need X11 for octave with Mac OS X.
AquaTerm is available with a .dmg installer from the Apple site or from
Fink.

What I do on my Mac is keep a local modified copy of figure.m in the
directory with my code. Octave looks for routines first locally, then along
the path. This allows me to control font size and font type in figures. You
can find figure.m in /sw and keep a copy to your local directory. After you
are happy with changes, copy it back with a sudo cp command.

Joe