Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 11:00:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

On 5/29/05, Miroslaw Kwasniak <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 03:52:39PM -0700, Keith Goodman wrote:
Is there a built-in variable similar to OCTAVE_VERSION in Octave Forge?

OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION

Thank you. I wish we had a lookfor function.

This might help: Try using "whos -all" then you will be in the "less" pager and can search. Enter "-I [enter]" to turn off case sensitivity. Use "/" to begin a regex search. I think that would have solved your problem in this case. I don't know if there is a way to basically grep from the output of "whos -all".

Mike