Best BLAS on Pentium M (banias)?

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Best BLAS on Pentium M (banias)?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:06:27 +0200

I usually use  K. GOTO's BLAS implementation when compiling Octave but
the Banias
version is not yet available. Since the Banias chip as I understand
basically is a Pentium 3 with
SSE/SSE2 instructions, I could perhaps use one of the P3 versions but
then I don't use the
SSE/SSE2 capabilities of the chip. Anyone have an idea which BLAS
implementation is currently
fastest on the Pentium M cpu (with 2MB cache)?

Fredrik

PS. Using GOTO's P4 version results in a core dump (with an illegal
instruction).