Re: octave/cygwin: load looks in the root of c drive

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: octave/cygwin: load looks in the root of c drive
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:27:46 +0900

Hello,

>I'm using Octave 2.1.71, built for cygwin. When I try to "load" a file
>that is in the same directory as octave, I get an error: "error: load:
>nonexistent file: `test.csv.y'"

I think the first thing to do is to check the present directory on your octave.
Please try the following on octave ( not from cygwin ).
1. 'pwd'
2. 'cd /cygdrive/c/transfer/octave/stat'
3. 'load test.csv.y'

For next steps, please find and check several 'octaverc' files or '.octaverc'
for a
command line, 'cd /cygdrive/c'. Editing those files might help you, I think.

Jun Ohta

Jun Ohta, address@hidden
Homepage:
in Japanese: http://www.cc.okayama-u.ac.jp/~jo25/