cygwin & gnuplot

From: Marco Landwehr
Subject: cygwin & gnuplot
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:06:54 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
I have problems plotting with octave in a cygwin environment. Gnuplot alone
is working fine, but when typing "sombrero(41);" in octave I get the error
"warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost". The archives dont tell
much about this problem, but to use a .octaverc file with the following
lines:

putenv('TMPDIR','F:/Cygwin/tmp');
gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
        or
gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';

Both things did not work.
I use gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0 & GNU Octave, version 2.1.71
(i686-pc-cygwin).

Any help is much appreciated.

Marco

--
www.trollteq.de
LOST COLLECTING GAMES & more: Spellfire, DragonDice, BloodWars,