Location of probability PDF's and CDF's in gnuplot?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Location of probability PDF's and CDF's in gnuplot?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:15:59 -0700

Where are the probability PDF's and CDF's located in gnuplot so I can set
the path that they can be found. When in my home directory and trying for
example 'logistic(x)' the function cannot be found. After I load the demo
'prob.dem' and do a few functions and then quit, plot logistic(x) will work
using my own parameters for a and lambda.
Henry

gnuplot> show loadpath
        loadpath is "/usr/local/share/gnuplot/demo/"
"/usr/local/bin/gnuplot"
        system loadpath is
gnuplot> pwd
/Users/hfm
gnuplot> plot logistic(x)
         undefined function: logistic

gnuplot> load 'prob.dem'
                   Statistical Library Demo, version 2.3
          Copyright (c) 1991, 1992, Jos van de Woude, address@hidden
NOTE: contains 54 plots and consequently takes a lot of time to run
                      Press Ctrl-C to exit right now
                      Press Return to start demo ...
Hit return to continue^C
gnuplot> plot logistic(x)  # Now I get a graph
gnuplot>

I assume that default value would be used for the parameters if I don't give
them but this is not the problem:
gnuplot> plot logistic (x)
         undefined function: logistic
gnuplot> a = 0.0
gnuplot> lambda = 2.0
gnuplot> mu = a
gnuplot> sigma = pi/(sqrt(3.0) + lambda)