Re: Octave, Mac Os X and XFree86

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Octave, Mac Os X and XFree86
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:45:14 -0700

Sebastian,

First, there is a version of X11 that comes with your OS X 10.4 DVD. You
have to look for it. That one works with octave without problems. You should
also have the Mac Software Developer's Kit and all its updates installed on
your computer to give you gcc, etc.

Second, with aquaterm, you don't need X11 for most of your octave use. You
can run octave from a terminal window, not from xterm, and, in my opinion,
the aquaterm output looks better, and allows you to save displayed plots as
.pdf or .eps.

Joe