RE: start Octave when Start CGYWIN

From: Paul Billings
Subject: RE: start Octave when Start CGYWIN
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:48:26 -1000

I made a windows shortcut with the target:
C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -si -sw -sk -sr -sl 2048 -title octave -e
bash --login -c octave

I often use Cygwin for its features (rather than just a requirement for
Octave on Windows), so I wouldn't put it in the .bashrc file.  The above
starts rxvt (a nicer window) which starts the bash shell (so my
environment/paths are set up) which starts octave.

Paul