Re: SBML in Octave

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: SBML in Octave
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:51:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
You could in theory [and practice] write extensions to libsmbl.

A helpful reference would be,
http://octave-gtk.sourceforge.net/LanguageBindings/

Again, unless we have sufficient interest in moving it,
in terms of users, and developers themselves wont use it,
then I think its hard for it to happen.

But looking at SMBL I think there is a great potential for users,
as 70+ companies use it, and some 6+ programming language [python,c,java,
etc] have interfaces, only good that we use an octave interface too.

Again, its ironic that a LGPL/GPL software has interface to Matlab,
and not GNU Octave.

Regards,
Muthu

Bill Denney <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had used libsbml
(Systems Biology Markup Langu! age, http://www.sbml.org/libsbml.html) in
octave?

Bill

--
"Chastity belt? That's what my personality is for!"
-- from PerlMonks