Re: contourf

From: Donald J Bindner
Subject: Re: contourf
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:13:55 -0500

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:10:44AM -0500, Alexandre Ribeiro wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm in trouble! In MatLab contourf is similar to contour, the only
> diference is that the first one is filled. In octave contourf is not
> working. I always have an error message.
>
> Tanks for your help
>
> Alexandre
>
> octave:50> x=rand(10,10);
> octave:51> contour(x)
> octave:52> contour(x,5)
> octave:53> contourf(x,5)
> error: expecting integer index, found 13.600000
> error: evaluating argument list element number 1
> error: called from `contourf' in file
> `/usr/share/octave/site/m/octave-forge/plot/contourf.m'

I don't know about that example, and since I don't really use
Matlab, I can only guess about what you mean by filled.  Does
this do what you want?

octave:1> [x,y] = meshgrid(-10:.25:10);
octave:2> contour(x,y,x.^2-y.^2)
octave:3> gset pm3d
 (ignore the warnings or use __gnuplot_set__ instead of gset)
octave:4> replot

Don

--
Don Bindner <address@hidden>