Re: chol?

From: Andy Pugh
Subject: Re: chol?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:20:24 +0100

On 4/15/06, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:

> After waiting for a while I get
>    panic: Bus error -- stopping myself...
>    attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
>    save to `octave-core' complete
>    Bus error
>    vic$

I vaguely recall the same problem myself. I say vaguely as I can't
even remember which platform I was running on, let alone which
version.
Also, it wasn't with chol, it was with an m-file I had written myself.

After that background, it turned out that an m-file was missing it's
'function' keyword. So the first thing it did was try to invoke
itself.

I have just tried that in 2.1.71 on OSX 10.4.6 and the behavior is
little more conventional.

Is it possible that one of the functions called by chol, or chol
itself, has been altered in this way? I think I had done it to check
the behaviour of a function (ie so I could see the internal variables
at the command line) and messed up returning it to normal.

This is all rather vague recollection from 18 months or more ago, though.

--
atp