Re: accessing files larger than 2GB

From: Peter Cloetens
Subject: Re: accessing files larger than 2GB
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:56:31 +0200

With other applications on the same operating system, we can access files larger than 2 GB. We have this issue both on Suse 8.2 and RedHat EL4. For a simple C-program accessing files larger than 2 GB, we had to do the following things:
        - compile with specific options:
                gcc -o recad -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE recad.c
        - use fseeko instead of fseek
Could somebody check on Linux if file access (exist, fseek, ...) works as expected on files larger than 2GB?
Thanks,
Peter