Re: how to permanently change default working directory

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: how to permanently change default working directory
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:01:17 +0200

hi,

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 10:54 +0200, Malte Köster wrote:
> hello,
> I would like to have the current working direction in a specific
> folder by default.
> I guess I have to implement the cd command in a startup routine, or
> something like this. how do i do that?

check "Startup files" section in Chapter 2 Getting Started of the Octave
Manual.

Briefly, you have to create a file ".octaverc" in your home directory,
and put in it all those commands that you want to be run when Octave is
launched, for instance

  cd ("some directory")

Beware that the home directory for a Cygwin installation on Windows XP
is no the WinXP home directory, but Cygwin's one (someone to confirm
this, please).

Miquel