Re: Installing Octave 2.9.9 on a Mac

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Installing Octave 2.9.9 on a Mac
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:58:58 -0500

On Dec 19, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Joe Koski wrote:

OK, make file experts, how does the configure script determine
that libreadline is installed? There are several versions of
readline.h floating around in my /usr. Would installing readline.h
from /sw/include, for example, in /usr/local/include help?

You can try the following before configure:

 export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
 export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
 export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

See the following for details:

 http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_23.html

If that doesn't work, you can try adding the directories on
the configure line itself:

 ./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -g -I/usr/local/include" \
        CXXFLAGS="-O2 -g -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

I haven't tested either option, so no promises.

        - Paul