Re: Hi

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:55:22 +0100

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:50:00 +0530
"yoonus" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>  How I can get editor in from the command window from Octave version
> 2.9.13.

Hello again,

The answer is:

system("/path/to/some/editor")

if you're on a *nix, but I suspect a more helpful answer is "you
don't". Instead, open up an editor via a command line or from an icon
on the desktop in the menu whatever and edit the file that you want to
work on.

After you've saved the file (you don't have to exit the editor!!)
octave will use the new version next time you call the function /
script that's in the file.

Rupert