hiding plots

From: Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson
Subject: hiding plots
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:01:44 +0200

Hi

I have a octave file that does a fitting to a gaussian for some data that I read in from a file.

To see if the fitting is done correctly I plot it up using the plot function and then save the plot to an eps file using print.

During the run of a shell script that calls this octave file for lots of fits I get bombarded by my plots :-)
This is not good since it distracts me from doing something else while my machine does my work for me, is there any way to use plot and print to create plots and just save them in a file instead of making a window appear for each plot?

Running octave 2.1.73 still

Best regards

Óli