a reciprocal residue()

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: a reciprocal residue()
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

Matlab's version of residue.m is reciprocal. Meaning ...

[residues,poles,p_remainder] = residue(p_numerator,p_denominator);

[p_numerator,p_denominator] = residue(residues,poles,p_remainder);

Can someone verify that the reciprocal operation has not yet been added
(obviously not in 2.9.14, but what about 3.0 stuff)?

The 1st part is the more difficult and is working quite well.

If the reciprocal part needs a volunteer, I should be able to get to it over
the next week or so ... starting with Doug Stewart's recent version.

Comments/thoughts?

p.s. Doug if you're interested in doing this, please go for it. I make quite
a bit of use of Matlab's residue function and can test an Octave version for
problems without a lot of effort.