Re: about eigs function on windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: about eigs function on windows
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 05:14:09 +0900 (JST)

Hello Zheng

 Now I know what is
> > wrong is libarpack.dll with a wrong dll filename, lapack.dll. Right?

Yes.  The name handling like liblapack.dll is for the gcc system.  Michael's
octave was build by the
MSVC comlipier.  I do not know how Michael creats lapack.dll for the detail. If
you select 'intel
pentium with sse2' for your intalling, the lapack dll created by the gcc might
be used because it was
created by ATLAS by gcc.  (For the ATLAS see page indicated below ) The
libraries created by gcc can
be used in the MSVC if the librairy is created carefully, however the library
name handling is
different between the gcc system and the MSVC one.  When one want to use the
gcc created library on
the the MSVC, one has to rename it.  Perhaps Michael missed that at binaries
packaging.  I think this
may cause this time error.

*****
ATLAS (Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software)
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

> > Then I suggest that when octave encounters some errors, why does it not
> > print out some stack infos?
This is the runtime error which depends on the MSVC internal code or the
operating system.  This kind
of error is very difficult to detect from the software itself.  For experienced
user, it can be
understand it is the runtime error and suspect somtimes where the origin is.
(Sometimes it will be
difficult to perchase the origin.) Even in MS-office, such kind of runtime
error sometimes happens.
I think the error message from the system is enough for the runtime errors.

BTW: I recommend that you dont use the chinese characters for your name with
mail address to
the foreign countries.  That cannot be read and some mail systems reject your
mails as  junk mails.
This suggestion comes from the my experiences as a web secretary in a small
international meeting.

Please use 'Li Zheng <address@hidden>' for the mail to the foreign countries.

Regards

Tatsuro

> 在07-12-24,李政 <address@hidden> 写道:
> >
> > Thanks for your advice. It works well. And before your reply, I have
> > searched .oct file for some wrong dll import and failed. > >
> >
> > Yours,
> > Zheng

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/