Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows

From: Aimad Saib
Subject: Mouse zoom and keyborad shortcuts not working with Octave 3.0 on windows XP
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:54:51 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have installed Otave 3.0 with gnuplot graphic handling on Windows XP
and I have some problems with the mouse and keyboard utilities (i.e.
zoom, replot, unzoom, grid...). I have fixed this problem in an earlier
version used with cygwin (2.73) by adding "set mouse" in the .octaverc
file. I tried the same solution (i.e. adding "set mouse" in C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\3.0.0\m\startup\octaverc) but get "syntax
error" at startup of octave.

Any help please?

Thanks and regards,
Aimad

"The information contained in this email and any document/file attached may
contain information that is confidential and proprietary. If you are not the
intended recipient, the use of this information is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you received this in error, please immediately notify the sender
with the "reply" option, return the message and delete or destroy all copies of
it as well as its attachments, without reading or saving it in any manner. The
views expressed in this email may not necessarily be the views of Cissoid.
Cissoid have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email. However, you should carry out your own virus check before opening
any attachment. Cissoid accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this email or attachments."