octave to independent C code

From: David Riano
Subject: octave to independent C code
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:50:14 -0500

Hi,
I wrote code in Matlab that I now need to redistribute as C-code to be combined with other C-code.
I can not redistribute the matlab libraries for free.
I was thinking to convert the Matlab code to Octave, but I want my program to run as well independently from Octave.

So I was thinking to:
1. Convert M-code to Octave
2. Convert Octave code to C code. Is it possible?
3. Export the Octave libraries. How do you do that?
4. Go to a computer without Octave installed, both Linux and Windows. Run gcc to compile my C-code with the octave libraries. Any hints? 5. Run my program in Linux/Windows without needing to have Octave or Matlab installed.

Is it possible? Can anybody give me any hints?

I have been trying to solve this problem a few weeks now....

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

da

David RiaƱo
Center for Spatial Technologies and Remote Sensing (CSTARS)
University of California
250-N, The Barn
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8527