Merge Octave into Geany

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Merge Octave into Geany
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:58:49 -0400

On  6-Apr-2008, nick hall wrote:

| Im looking to port the octave language over into the text editor
| geany, http://geany.uvena.de/
|
| For anyone who has used Geany before you will know why I want to do
| this. Just thought I'd let everyone know Im doing this and am open to
| suggestions if anyone has any.
|
| I prefer using Linux but also have a Mac, on which geany isn't yet
| ported to. If anyone is wanting to do this then we could have geany
| available on the major platforms, but perhaps I should post this one
| on a geany mailing list.

One of the screenshots shows a terminal application running in a geany
window.  If you can do that, then I suspect you can embed Octave in
geany using the method that has been discussed several times on the
maintainers list.  See for example this posting:

  http://www.nabble.com/GUI-thoughts-to3172755.html#a3172755

There have been several threads since.  Search the lists for vte.

If you'd like to discuss this topic further, I recommend that you
join the address@hidden mailing list and post your ideas
there.

Thanks,

jwe