Re: Graphical interface

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Graphical interface
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:08:32 -0500

On 19/04/2008, DigitalPig <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi~ I was thinking about maybe we can modify the Octave mode in
>  Emacs.

So go ahead and do it. Show us what you can do.

I personally think that some ideas from Matlab mode could well be
integrated into Octave mode. Thankfully, Matlab mode is also GPLed by
its author, so if you manage to mix the code, it's all good.

>  In Emacs, if you open gdb to debug
>  source, you can have both "watch" window, "stack" and "variables". I
>  think it's possible to incorporate these lisp codes to octave-inf.el to
>  have the same effects. What do you think?

Improving Emacs's Octave debugging (or any other kind of Octave
debugging) requires some backend changes in Octave itself that have
been talked about for a long time. I think I recently heard that some
of those changes are underway or even partially completed.

- Jordi G. H.