Re: 3d surface plot

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3d surface plot
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:54:55 -0500

On 25/04/2008, Floyd poole <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it possible to create a 3d image of several thousand depth measurements?
> I have a two axis scanner, which provides x and y data, but I cant figure
> out how to get a 3d image of a corrosion map.

I'm guessing your data is not on a grid? Geophysical fluid data seldom
is. Supposing you have a large nx3 matrix where you have x, y, and z
coordinates along columns, you can use the griddata or delaunay
functions, both in the geometry 'Forge package. The griddata function
will interpolate your irregular grid to some regular grid you can
define, and the delaunay function does what its name suggests.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.