Re: Graphic Window

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Graphic Window
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:44:49 +0200

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Andreas Lamprecht <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I have a little problem using Octave. When I want to create a graphic, the
> graphic window just opens for less than a second and closes immediately.
> example code:
>
> clear all;
> x = 0:0.1:5;
> f = exp(-x.^2);
> plot(x,f)
>

> The graphic window opens and before I can see anything, it shuts down again.

A little bit more details would probably help: what is your system?
how do you run
the command above? which graphics backend you're using?

This kind of problem typically occurs when putting these command into a m-file
and running octave with: octave myfile.m. When done with the commands, octave
exits, which closes the figure.

Michael.