Re: Vertical axis configuration

From: Johan Kullstam
Subject: Re: Vertical axis configuration
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 22:58:22 -0400

"Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 06/06/2008, Oscar Bayona Candel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I want to
>> make the same plot but telling that the vertical axis oscilate from 80 to
>> 200. I know that there is no observation here but I want to do it.
>
> After plotting, try
>
>      ylim([80, 200])

How do I set a one-sided limit?

E.g., I want to set bottom limit to -10 but leave upper to float with
data.  In the old gnuplot way this was easy:

gplot [][-10:] X

I seem to have lost this ability.

I tried

plot(X)
y = ylim;
ylim([-10,y(2)])

but now the upper limit isn't really the same.  If X has some really
negative data, e.g., -1000 then the first plot might set limits to
-1000 to +100, even if the data never exceeds +20.

--
Johan KULLSTAM