Re: Values of V and abm

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Values of V and abm
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:07:27 +0200

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:40 PM, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having some problems in a program I have written. It is pretty long. But
> the section is :

It's usually not much useful posting code that can't be used to
reproduce the bug.

> N = 10;
> niter = 10000;
> for iter = 1: niter
>
> [P,S] = timedepcabactoct(Q,V,h2,Iion,deltaT);
> for jj = 2:N-1
> V(jj) = S(jj);
> end
> if deltaT*niter < 5
> I = 0;
> elseif 5 == deltaT*niter <= 55
> I = 48.4*10^-12;
> V(1) = V(2)+(Ri/Ao)*I*hd;
> V(N) = 4/3*V(N-1)-(1/3)*V(N-2);
> end
> disp(V)
> calling function ratcon2oct
> [alphan,betan,alpham,betam,alphah,betah] = ratcon2oct(V);
> abm = alpham +betam;
> m = m+(deltaT.*(alpham -m.*abm));
> abh = alphah + betah;
> h = h +(deltaT.*(alphah-h.*abh));
> abn = alphan + betan;
> n = n + (deltaT.*(alphan-n.*abn));
> end

    ^ If I've followed the code correctly, then this end corresponds
to the for iter=... loop.
Therefore, iter in the following statements has the value niter. Is
this intentional?

> abmm(iter,:)= abm;
> abnn(iter,:)= abn;
> abhh(iter,:)= abh;
> abm1= abmm(iter,1);
> t = (1:niter)*deltaT;
> plot(t,abm1)
>
> warning: implicit conversion from real matrix to real scalar

If this is warning from your oct-file, then you're probably passing in
wrong arguments.
Again, it is hard to tell unless you give enough code to reproduce the bug.