Re: running long octave simulations

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: running long octave simulations
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:55:50 -0400

Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

What is the relevance of this link to my question? I am sorry but I could
not figure out anything from visiting that page.

> Don't modify the script you're currently running since 'octave' does not
> compile source into bytecode (like Perl, Java, Python, Ruby), but
> interprets each line when needed.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

But could it be possible that, octave actually loads the code into memory
first then starts interpreting it line by line?

For example, when you are running a simulation and one of the file is
deleted? Then what happens? Does the simulation stop because the file was
deleted?

I guess I can figure out these things by trial and error. I thought I will
make my job easy and see if someone else already done this.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi