Graph Plotting - test question

From: Peytonator
Subject: Graph Plotting - test question
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:43:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

While attempting the question attached below concerning graph plotting, I
became stuck at a few points (being new to Octave). Help would be greatly
appreciated!

1) What does the following mean:
     round(10+student)
2) What are steps 3, 4 and 5 actually saying in the code given above?
3) Regarding part b, how do I set it to between 2s and 12s? If V(1:20) sets
for the first 2 seconds, why does the graph come out to have a time range of
20 seconds? Basicaly, how do I go about doing part (b)?
4) Is a specific time period meant to replace "length(t)"

I have read Wikipedia's introduction to Octave and did manage to get some
kind of a graph of V vs t (as described above), but I am clueless about how
to begin plotting a graph of coulombs, number of electrons and mAs.

Also, slightly unrelated to the question, I have been wondering about the
user interface: is it possible to work on something more user friendly than
a command line interface?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Graham Peyton