Unable to install yapso using pkg install

From: aravind b
Subject: Unable to install yapso using pkg install
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:53:16 +0530

Hi,

I was trying to install yapso on my ubuntu system (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4). I installed the dependencies by using

$ sudo aptitude install octave2.9-headers libpng12-dev freeglut3-dev

When I try to install the package i get this error:

octave:1> pkg install /home/prashant/yapso-0.3.4.tar.gz
warning: You have not defined an installation prefix, so the following will be used: /home/prashant/octave/
error: The following dependencies where unsatisfied:
yapso needs octave >= 2.9.12

What is happening here !

Thanks so much,
Aravind