Re: Axes font sizes

From: Matt Foster
Subject: Re: Axes font sizes
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:02:01 +0100

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

>> What is a colorbar?  If you mean printing a bar with all used colors and
>> labels for the colors of pcolor or contourf, I have recently written
>> this suggestion:
>> http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2008-July/010292.html
>
> See "help colorbar"
>
> In matlab, the colorbar is an independent axis object, and the colors may be
> labeled with numbers or text.
>
> I've not used colorbar in octave, so I have no idea how close it is to
> Matlab's variant.

My minimal poking around lead me to believe it was mostly an interface
to gnuplot's 'colorbox' option.
Gnuplot's help doesn't mention any options to add text or a title though.

I think that octave's colorbar function is fairly close to matlab's,
it just lacks the handle that the latter returns.

Cheers,

Matt
--
Matt Foster | http://my-mili.eu/matt