Re: Using dateaxis to format x-axis

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: Using dateaxis to format x-axis
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, right explanation. Wrong problem :-)

The explanation I gave applies to [xyzca]lim but not [xyz]tick properties.
In fact in Octave 3.0.x, when [xyz]tickmode is set to "auto", Octave leaves
gnuplot to calculate the tick positions, and so Octave has no idea of where
the ticks are. It seems dateaxis works fine with 3.1.x, but the only way to
get it to work with 3.0.x is to manually set the tick position, with
something like

x=732000:732010;
plot(x,x);
set (gca(),'xtick',732000:2:732010)
dateaxis("x"); % I get the same result with and without "x".
ticks=get(gca(), "xtick") % this is a diagnostic, returning [](0x0)

D.