Re: Axis Markers

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Axis Markers
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:14:28 -0400

On Oct 1, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Andrew Black wrote:

I want to place a marker on the x-axis of a scatter plot that corresponds to a number with the same units as the scatter, but from a different data set. Ideally it appears on the x-axis labeled and in color.

-Andrew

Andrew, I'm having trouble imagining what you're describing. Can you give a clearer description?

What are the "units" of a scatter? Do you mean the x-axis labels from another scatter plot? Do you want two sets of x-axis labels? ... of something else?

If you can find a picture of what you'd like to do, it would be worth a "thousand words" ;-)

Perhaps there is a suitable one below ? ...

http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=scatter+plot&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Ben