Re: Include Fortran Code which Returns Arrays of Dynamic/Unknown Size

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Include Fortran Code which Returns Arrays of Dynamic/Unknown Size
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:58:06 +0100

Thanks a lot for this post. I will try to implement my algorithms in the way
you described. Maybe there is one drawback. If the "query" call computes
some results for further computations they are lost with the end of the
"query" call and have to be recomputed in the second call. This can decrease
the performance of the algorithm.

I've done quite a bit of F77 programming in my time and the declaring a variable with "SAVE" allows its value to be stored between invocations of a function. Can't you arrange that the precalculated values are stored and reused on the second call?

D.