Re: Re: gnuplot error

From: William Christopher Carleton
Subject: Re: Re: gnuplot error
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:14:52 -0500

I don't know if you got Carlo's forward, but apparently you only need one or
the other (Aquaterm or X11 - I think you get more functionality with X11). I
was googling and found that using Macports you have to do something fancy with
uninstalling and reinstalling Aquaterm if you want to use it. If you have both
running though you can just set the display variable in gnuplot to use either
one depending on what you need to do (interactive zooming or some such is
available on X11). The page I grabbed this from is;

http://www.macresearch.org/gnuplot_x11_issues

I still had troubles, but found that the setenv DISPLAY:0 or the export
DISPLAY=":0" was needed to get the plots to show up. I found the whole
installation kind of annoying - including the octave install from .dmg, but on
my linux at home it all installed very easily (except that I had to try
installing the octave-headers twice b/c the first time didn't solve the problem
I was having when trying to install the odepkg, but it's working now...)