can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

From: vditya
Subject: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 08:15:48 -0800 (PST)

Hello

I have function foo accessed via mex interface and when I try to pass matrix
to foo function through octave, I get following error:
error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

Any idea why I would be getting this error?

In octave script:
template = rand(templateSize); % template with random entries
img = rand(imgHeight, imgWidth); % image

res = foo(template, img, 'same'); %Error happens here

Description of foo function:
% FOO
% RESULT = foo(TEMPLATE, IMAGE, SHAPE)
%
%       TEMPLATE - type double, size <= size of image
%       IMAGE    - type double
%       SHAPE    - one of: 'valid', 'same', 'full'.
%
%       RESULT   - type double, values in [-1,1]. size depends on SHAPE

Function foo is implemented in foo.cpp file under mex interface function:
void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[])

Thanks for any help.
--
Vikram