Newbie: axislocation

From: Lindholm Roger
Subject: Newbie: axislocation
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:19:35 +0100

Hi,

I’m new to Octave and try to use it to produce nice 2D-graphs of simple functions like y=x.^3 or alike. My teacher is strict regarding the graphical layout of the graphs which makes me want to place the x- and y-axis over origo. I can get the tic-marks moved to the correct spot using the set(gca,"xaxislocation","zero");set(gca,"yaxislocation","zero"); commands. The axis-lines themselves (incl. label) is however still at the bottom and left (they are moved when setting axislocation to top or right, but not to zero). Is there a way to move these so they become origo-centered as well?

I would also like to be able to add “arrows” to the top of the y-axis and to the right of the x-axis. Is that possible? Maybe a way to move the axis labels to the top and right of the arrow head?

Best regards

Roger