Version 3.0.3 (Windows) plotting problems

From: Chow Ying Foon (FIN)
Subject: Version 3.0.3 (Windows) plotting problems
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:46:31 +0800

I am new to Octave and I’d appreciate if someone could help me in the jhandles plotting in Octave under Windows XP SP2:

1. I cannot move the legend box to upper left corner with command  legend('X1','X2',2)  which works in MATLAB. Should I type something like  legend('X1','X2',”location”,’northwest’)  ? I don’t quite understand the usage of “location” and POS when I go through the help on legend.

2. Octave does not recognize the command  waterfall(X,Y,Z)  from a previous MATLAB file, so what is a similar command?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Ying-Foon