Re: drawing primatives with GNU Octave...

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: drawing primatives with GNU Octave...
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 11:56:31 -0600

2009/1/31 James Moliere <address@hidden>:
> I'd like to draw 3D primitives with Octave such as cubes, cylinders,
> spheres, etc.

We don't have anything of the sort yet, although we do have an
experimental OpenGL backend that will some day hopefully completely
replace gnuplot. If you say that these are easy to do in OpenGL, then
perhaps you would like to help incorporating these functions into
Octave?

The relevant location in the source is gl-render.cc:

     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/ff61b53eb294/src/gl-render.cc

Hope you can help,
- Jordi G. H.