How to derive from 'octave_base_value' ?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: How to derive from 'octave_base_value' ?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:29:39 +0100

Hi All

I'd like to create a new type in Octave that simply holds a pointer to
some object in an external library. The attached code implements a very
simple type in Octave that just holds a string. This was the simplest
possible type I could think of. I compile the code with

  mkoctfile -Wall simple.cc

In Octave I test the code by running

  a = simple ("hello");

which gives me the following error:

  error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined

Does anybody have a hint to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Søren