Re: Latex Fonts and Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Latex Fonts and Octave
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:24:41 -0400

On Mar 26, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Thomas Markovich wrote:

So I tried your solution and I don't think it worked out to what I needed but I also think that my description of the problem was poor.

My tex file includes images, they used to be .ps files and so I used the psfrag package to have consistent fonts on my axis labels as I did with my paper. The jphyschem requires that all figures be in .tiff or .pdf format, so then I would have to include those in a .tex file but when submitted with the standard gnuplot fonts, they rejected it because of dissimilar fonts. What I'm looking for is a way to implement latex fonts in pdf images of each figure.

I create the pdf images by generating a .ps file and then converting to .pdf. In the creation of the first image, I need to use the latex fonts (for both \varphi and V_+) because the jphyschem didn't like it using helvetica. I looked online alot for how to use latex fonts in octave graphs because I remember seeing it in the thread but I can't find them now.

Right now, I'm on mac osx and octave 3.0.3.

hmmm ... I'm not certain what you imply by "image". Are you using octave's image toolbox?

So I understand better, can you explain what your figure is illustrating? ... perhaps you can provide a link to something similar?

Ben