is octave-3.0.4 production-worthy ?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: is octave-3.0.4 production-worthy ?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 06:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've built recently octave-3.0.4 using the same tools I used for
octave-3.0.3, and after doing with it some simple things I have a feeling
something is wrong, for example, max(max(matr)) produces different results
on octave-3.0.4 and octave-3.0.3, and the latter results appear to be
correct. The matr is a difference of two WAV files.

Also, it may be that octave-3.0.3 is faster - my subjective feeling.

This Email is not an official bug report - obviously, I need to provide
the exact details, and maybe the problems were due to my mistakes, but I
decided to ask.

If octave-3.0.4 is really considered to be OK, I will recheck myself, and if
the problems persist, I'll file the reports with full details.

Thanks,
  Sergei.