Re: Plotting

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: Plotting
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:51:51 +0200

martin_helm wrote:

asha g wrote:

Thanks everyone for the help. I did add the hold on between both plots and
got the desired result. Now did things change from Octave 3.0 to 3.03 as I
could plot in Octave 3.0 without the hold in between the plots.
Also, what if I have more than 2 plots. Where do I put the hold command?
Asha
I am trying to plot two plots on the same plot :; hold on deltaT = 0.0035; niter = 10000; t = linspace ( 0,deltaT*niter, niter)
vv1 = vvvv(:,1);
vvN = vvvv(:,N);

plot(t,vv1,'r*')
plot(t,vvN,'b')

hold off

I am only getting one plot in blue but the legend says
vv1.
I am using octave 3.03 in a Centos environment.
Both vv1 and vvN are generating values that are
different and should thus
plot. Could someone help me. Thanks Asha

      Check out the all-new
Messenger 9.0! Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/

Simply add a "hold on" after the first and before the
second plot command.

- mh

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

I checked again with 3.0.3 and you need a hold on before every further plot
command:

plot (...) hold on
plot(...)
hold on
plot(..)
hold on
plot(...)

and so on (somewhat ugly). With the development version 3.1.55 this is not
necessary. I could not check with 3.0.5 since I did not install it.

- mh

With Octave 3.0.3 on Windows everything works as expected, so

plot (...)
hold on
plot(...)
plot(..)