Re: Turn off TeX for legend labels

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: Turn off TeX for legend labels
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:07:28 +0200

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> You've infered incorrectly. The plot handle is for the line objects, not the
> axes. The two examples below should be equivalent.
>
> h = plot (0:10);
> set (h, "interpreter", "none")
> plot (0:10, "interpreter", "none")

> Regarding a workaround, did you catch the one I posted yesterday?
>
>> octave:1> x = 0:0.1:5;
>> octave:2> plot(x,sin(x),x,cos(x))
>> octave:3> legend ("\\alpha", "\\beta")
>> octave:4> set (findobj (gca, "-property", "keylabel"), "interpreter", "none")

Shouldn't the two codes above do the same thing in principle? The
problem seems to be that while this is the correct way to disable tex
rendering for legend entries in Octave, as Andy wrote in fact
subscripts are still rendered (I can confirm that with development
version), which is probably a bug.

Regards
Ivan Sutoris