Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: Frank Luis Enrique
Subject: Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:23:10 -0300

Hallo!

I faced the same problem, but it seems there is not such an interface.
Qtoctave is nice, but has the command line separated from the answer
box and I feel a little unconfortable having to click all the time on
the command line box to enter my command. Besides Qtoctave the other
projects (i.e. Octavede) are maintained irregularly.

As a plain user, I found difficult to belive that a simple GUI,
something like a notepad with a prompt, is unavailable. Anyway, for
the moment I use octave on the windows command interpreter. The
options to make this interpreter more friendly are very limited, just
a few options to change the colour of the black background and the
font size...

Perhaps my opinion may sound superficial in this mailing list,
specially when reading about the programming efforts done by many of
the members. But we must realize that having a nice GUI is important
to popularize Octave and for funding for the project as well.

Thanks for bringing the issue and please forgive my ignorance if I
said something wrong!
Luis