Using LIBSVM with Octave on MAC

From: Sunny Nanuwa
Subject: Using LIBSVM with Octave on MAC
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:27:06 +0200

Hi,

Im having no success setting/running libsvm-mat-2.89-3 using octave under MAC.

Does anyone know how to set this up?

I have installed Octave. Using Terminal window I change directory to where libsvm-mat-2.89-3 is downloaded, I run "make.m" and the following errors come up

mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument -O

I then change the make.m file parameters from uppercase -O to lowercase -o

and the following errors come up

svm_model_matlab.c:8: error: redefinition of typedef ‘mwIndex’
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/include/octave-3.0.5/octave/mxarray.h:89: error: previous declaration of ‘mwIndex’ was here
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument svm.obj
mkoctfile: unrecognized argument svm.obj

this seems like it's progressed further but more errors.

Thanks