polar plot help - can't make it work

From: petersk
Subject: polar plot help - can't make it work
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:14:29 -0700 (PDT)

I tried the polar plot and it doesn't work like MATLAB's, but I found a post
about epstk and it's polar plots.
  I'm trying something I THOUGHT would be simple, but it's not.  It seems
like Octave is not passing the global variable that epstk supposedly accepts
to epstk's functions.  Here's a demo:
pizzaPat = [7.5, 7, 5.5, 4, 2.5, 0, -2, -3.5, -5, -8, -11.5, -13.5, -12, -8,
-5, -2, 1, 3, 4]
tmp=fliplr(pizzaPat);
pizzaPat =[pizzaPat tmp(2:length(pizzaPat)-1)];
angle=[0:10:350].*pi/180;
ePolarAxisRadScale=[-30 10 10];
eopen('polarplot.eps')
epolar(angle,pizzaPat);
eclose
eview

I've repeated with things like:
global ePlotTitleText='Polar Plot';
global ePolarPlotAreaAngStart=90;
global ePolarPlotAreaAngEnd=270;
and I get no title.  (I've left out the "global" to try all methods).  Does
anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

What I'd really like is for "0" to be at the top as well, but since I can't
get globals to work, I can't even attempt to experiment with that.
Kurt